A lot has been written about the rising cost of gas, groceries and other goods and services that are related to the cost of gas. With all due respect I see some good things coming from all of this.
I can't tell you how many sports cars and hummers that showed up in our community in 2005, a result of the "easy money" Realtors were making. I saw young Realtors in their early 20's buying hummers, sports cars and expensive toys. Many people told me they know bartenders that witnessed Realtors throwing around money like it was candy and boasting of their wealth.
We have lost many Realtors in our market over the past year that were once on top of the financial world but were not in touch with the true values that have meaning. I truly believe we are seeing some positive results from the current economic crunch.
- We are less wasteful when it comes to gas. We don't take it for granted like we used to.
- We are more innovative. The high price of gas has got inventors and layman looking for ideas to improve gas mileage and efficiency. This creativity would never have taken place if things had remained the way they were.
- Less and less people are eating out in restaurants and actually cooking at home and having more family meals. Imagine that novelty! Can eating together be that bad?
- More and more families are budgeting their money and looking at every possible way to save a few dollars here and there.
- Our children are seeing our example. They are seeing us get rid of our gas guzzling trucks and cars, seeing us work on our budgets, seeing us be less wasteful and are witnessing us eating together more.
- We have become a more compassionate society. I have seen church groups and other private organizations raising money for the elderly and the less fortunate that have been hurt by the rising cost of goods and services.
I hope we will all embrace these positive changes and never forget these positive changes caused by the economic crunch. Good things come from trials and tribulations and only trials and tribulations cause man to use his God given mind and talent.
Posted By: George Tallabas - Boise Idaho Real Estate Agent - Associate Broker
with RE/MAX Advantage, Canyon Counties #1 Brokerage in sales and listings
specializing in Boise Idaho Real Estate and Southwest Idaho Real Estate.
Native Idahoan and Boise Idaho Real Estate specialist serving Boise, Meridian Eagle, Nampa, Caldwell and the surrounding Treasure valley area of southwest Idaho. Specializing in residential, investment, land and commercial real estate. Search thousands of MLS listings at Boise Homes for sale and learn all about Idaho by visiting Search Idaho Homes